- The Zumiez Marketing department is growing and has an opportunity for a new Marketing Coordinator to join the team in supporting all areas of marketing promotions and digital events. The Marketing Coordinator will proactively plan logistics, engagement, production, and execution of virtual events and promotions, , sponsored (skate, snow, & music venues), and employee recognition/training as well as support the brand and vendor marketing initiatives as directed by the marketing management team. The new Marketing Coordinator will also have opportunities to collaborate with some of Zumiez most creative minds, as well as enjoy the different aspects that continue to make living an action sports lifestyle fun.
- As part of a small, dynamic, multi-hat wearing team, qualified individuals will be: able to work well in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment; self-motivated; flexible; extremely organized; very detail-oriented; tenacious yet tactful; confident and diplomatic in dealing with competing departmental objectives and varied personalities; a strong problem solver; able to work well under pressure in order to meet project deadlines; and will have a positive attitude.
- Assist in brainstorming creative activation ideas
- Lead promotional efforts to create excitement around marketing projects
- Take ownership of the success of marketing projects and customer experience
- Execute live events via streaming, content production, and/or editing video
- Communicate with customers in real-time to ensure an authentic connection and great experience
- Represent Zumiez in a positive high energetic way, while displaying the best tact and consideration.
- Support marketing team in tracking and recapping outcomes of all events
- Support content management team in uploading of promotional content
- Great attention to detail, accuracy, and follow-through. Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks, and to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
- Solution and results oriented
- High energy with the ability to maintain a positive attitude
- Creative thinking skills and ability to brainstorm with a team
- Strong computer skills; working knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel, Word, & Outlook
- Knowledge of action sports lifestyle (emphasis in skate, snow, and music)
- Previous experience in Marketing, Events & Promotions, or related field.
- Good decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Sense of urgency to drive projects through all phases, adhering to tight deadlines and changing situations with the ability to learn and react quickly.
- Ability to interact effectively with different personality styles and with employees at all levels of the organization; must possess confidence in communication style and be outgoing and comfortable working with people.
- Ability to stay focused and work independently (self starter) and as part of a team.
- Ability to understand and respond to all issues related to assigned projects
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Marketing Coordinator
Job Location: New York, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A