As a key partner of our retail management team, the Generalist’s success is defined by their ability to support leadership in matters of employee relations and performance management issues. Coaching requires a holistic approach tailored to each individual situation, including HR expertise weighed against business needs and the cultural implications of different paths.
- Conduct ongoing self-development.
- Assist in evaluation of reports, decisions, and results of department in relation to established goals.
- Embody ethics in your own work, and in HR programs you design and administer.
- Assists managers with performance management including the review of written documentation prior to employee counseling, participating in counseling meetings as necessary, and explaining company policies.
- Identifies trends within the business and makes recommendations for training and process improvements.
- Partners with employees and management to communicate various human resources policies, procedures, laws, standards, and government regulations.
- Use best judgment in making use of (and/or keeping confidential) sensitive information regarding employee and supervisor issues.
- Supports in the development of retail leadership by sharing knowledge of best practices and regulatory changes in their markets.
- Acts as a first line resource to retail leadership team on escalated employment related issues and partners to recommend and implement solutions including counseling and reporting.
- Fosters collaborative, team-oriented relationships.
Qualification & Experience:
- Strong knowledge of labor and employment law
- Ability to travel 10-15 days per year
- 3-5 years of HR experience
- BA/BS in Human Resources, Business or closely related field preferred
- PHR/SHRM-CP of SPHR/SHRM-SCP preferred
- Support of a geographically dispersed team
Vacancy Type: Management
Job Location: Lynnwood, WA, US
Application Deadline: N/A