Website Xcel Energy
The person filling this position must be self-motivated, work well with others and possess a positive attitude and commitment to work safely, provide quality customer service, create satisfaction and to work productively. In this challenging and rewarding position, the successful candidate must have a well-rounded knowledge of distribution primary feeders, transformer loading and fusing practices. The ideal candidate is thoroughly familiar with the safety regulations of the Company and must be well acquainted with the hazards involved in distribution service work. This role will perform a variety of lineman duties that involve overhead and underground electric distribution and transmission construction, operations and maintenance activities. Primary responsibilities consist of but are not limited to: installation, maintenance and removal of overhead and underground distribution conductors and equipment. Must be able to climb poles, work on energized conductors and equipment, perform hot stick work on energized high voltage conductors, work in inclement weather, be available for callout work and all other work as outlined in the Journeyman Serviceman position.
- At Xcel Energy, our customers’ quality of life depends on the energy we provide. Every time they flip a switch or turn a dial, they tap into the energy of over 12,000 people working to make life better. As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers.
- Xcel Energy has become a leader in the energy industry by demonstrating excellence in environmental performance. Our environmental commitment includes improving air quality, conserving resources, harnessing renewable energy, and protecting wildlife and habitats.
- Xcel Energy’s vitality comes from our people. It takes professionals in engineering, customer service, linemen, marketing and sales professionals, energy traders, mechanics, finance and accounting professionals and many others to power our company. We offer competitive compensation and benefit programs that include a range of options and coverage levels.
- Must successfully score on the Behavioral Assessment & Journeyman Assessment
- Must have a Class A CDL (or the ability to obtain one in 120 days)
- Must be capable of performing all aspects of electric distribution overhead, underground, construction, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
- Must be available for emergency call-outs as per a schedule.
- Must have effective communication skills (verbal and written).
- Position could possibly require travel for extended time periods
- Must be physically fit and able to lift objects up to 90 pounds, pass a physical examination and be able to perform strenuous physical labor under all types of conditions.
- A high awareness of safety and compliance with company safety rules is required at all times
- Completion of an approved apprentice line program is required
- Applicant must reside within 20 miles of the Hobbs service center.
- Selection criteria may include testing and/or assessment.
- Must pass the Xcel Energy security and drug screening
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience with bucket trucks, digger derricks, trenchers and groundwork with utility line crew required
- To be considered at the Serviceman level, candidate must possess 5 or more years of experience as a Journeyman Lineman
Company: Xcel Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Accounting
Job Location: Santa FE, NM, US
Application Deadline: N/A