Website WinCo Foods
Assist customers in the seafood department by providing over-the-counter service and assisting customers with questions and orders. Operates and maintains the seafood area, prepares the area for seafood sales. Receives inventory, verifies receipt of ordered product and stocks in designated areas. Consistently provides friendly, courteous customer service to internal and external customers. Performs other related work.
- Merchandises the frozen seafood and refrigerated self-serve seafood areas while insuring proper rotation and code dates.
- Merchandises the fresh seafood display cases by following the SOP standard for fresh fish display.
- Displays frozen items by bringing out case goods from the freezer, repacking & over wrapping, weighing and pricing product out, and placing in the desired location. Ices fresh freight by putting it in luggers, unpacking, etc.
- Seeks opportunities to welcome, engage, serve and thank customers. Maintains an atmosphere of friendly, enthusiastic customer service with an emphasis of taking care of the customer.
- Places proper signage on all products which includes pricing, description, code dating, and COOL information on all required products.
- Prepares case by pulling product out of the case, re-icing the case, putting the product in fresh pans, rotating product, putting product back, filling, etc.
- Handles frozen product, fresh seafood, cuts and prepares all seafood products required for total daily sales according to SOP (e.g., salmon, halibut, etc.) for purchase or selling.
- Inspects all seafood product for quality and freshness, rotates and transfers back stock to clean iced luggers. Follows all Food Safety Handling rules as applied to proper receiving and rotating of raw and cooked seafood.
- Maintains and encourages an atmosphere of fast, friendly courteous customer service by serving customers from all department service cases by taking orders, answering questions and suggestive selling.
- Re-packs freight by bringing luggers out, draining water and putting in new ice.
- Work varied hours primarily between the hours of 600 am to 1000 pm in a 24/7 operation; including night, weekends and holidays.
- Consistently provide friendly, courteous service to internal and external customers.
- Perform basic math (add, subtract, multiply and divide) and compute weights and measures.
- Perform all duties described in the deli clerk job description when necessary.
- Properly handle food products per State and County laws, and WinCo standards.
- Properly use cleaning chemicals in accordance with manufacture’s guidelines and instructions.
- Effectively communicate with superiors concerning goals and methods.
- Handle refrigerated and frozen food products and enter frozen and cold storage areas.
- Demonstrating initiative and self-direction to perform a variety of simultaneous skills (multi-tasking).
- Wear hat, hair net and other protective clothing.
Company: WinCo Foods
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Visalia, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A