Website WinCo Foods
Assist customers by providing over-the-counter service and customer service throughout the deli department. Operates and maintains the deli production areas, frying foods, operating the rotisserie oven, etc. Receives inventory, verifies receipt of ordered product and stocks in designated areas. Consistently provides friendly, courteous customer service to internal and external customers. Performs other related work.
- Takes orders, answers questions and performs suggestive selling.
- Fries food by getting the product from refrigerator or freezer, unpacking product, breading selected products, dropping product in shortening, setting timers ,stirring, draining, packing products in the reach-in-case, placing trays in the closed hot case, etc.
- Prepares rotisserie products by marinating, seasoning, skewering, loading / unloading the product from the oven, packing or delivering to the correct location, disposing waste oils, etc.
- Handles frozen product.
- Seeks opportunities to welcome, engage, serve and thank customers. Maintains an atmosphere of friendly, enthusiastic customer service with an emphasis of taking care of the customer.
- Prepares case by putting the product in fresh pans, rotating product, putting product back, filling, etc.
- Writes out and prepares deli tray and special orders.
- Stocks, straightens and rotates the deli full serve cases and hot food cases as well as the deli freezer sections, self-serve, dry goods, “cheese island” and bread shelve display areas.
- Displays items by bringing out case goods from the freezer, cooler, repacking & over wrapping, weighing / pricing product out, and placing in the desired location.
- Prepares sandwiches, salads, etc. reading recipes, following instructions, mixing, washing, assembling, packaging product in containers, etc.
- Operate kitchen utensils and equipment with manual dexterity, speed, accuracy and hand/eye coordination.
- Consistently provide friendly, courteous service to internal and external customers.
- Work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment with a strong customer service orientation.
- Perform duties with mental alertness involving potential hazards with respect to related procedures, equipment (e.g., knives) and work aides.
- Effectively manage time to ensure that deadlines are met.
- Perform basic math (add, subtract, divide and multiply) and compute weights and measures.
- Communicate (hearing & speech) effectively with customers to receive orders and perform customer relation skills.
- Work varied hours primarily between the hours of 500 am to 1000 pm in a 24/7 operation; including night, weekends and holidays.
- Conduct visual inspections, read and follow production guides, recipes and product labels, log production quantities, temperature readings, etc. on proper forms.
- Prioritize and perform a variety of simultaneous tasks (multi-tasking).
Company: WinCo Foods
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Eugene, OR, US
Application Deadline: N/A