Website Wildlife Conservation Society
The WCS Education Department works across five wildlife parks: Bronx Zoo, Central Park Zoo, Queens Zoo, Prospect Park Zoo, and New York Aquarium. Our mission is to inspire a diverse and inclusive movement of conservation advocates by sparking a connection with animals and nature, enhancing scientific literacy through hands-on investigation, and engaging constituents in stewardship and action to conserve wildlife and wild places.
- In collaboration with WCS Research & Evaluation and WCS Human Resources, you will help to collect and update data systems for efficiently tracking the 1,400 youth in WCS volunteerships, internships, and part-time jobs each year.
- You will work with WCS staff and external partners (local CBOs, CUNY, SYEP, etc.) to create, identify, evaluate, match, place and support youth in available opportunities.
- You will liaise with WCS departments to identify opportunities, recruit and review applicants, and place and onboard hired youth, With the support of WCS staff, you will track and report metrics on WCS youth
- You will support the Youth Development team with recruitment, placement, and onboarding for a variety of opportunities.
- Support general administration tasks such as record keeping, expense tracking, and issuing stipend payments.
- You will communicate through phone, email and text messages with youth and internal and external partners.
- Excellent people skills; ability to work with a wide variety of personalities
- Associates degree or equivalent
- Attention to detail
- Strong organizational, writing, verbal, and interpersonal skills
Qualification & Experience:
- Familiarity with Salesforce or other Customer Relationship Management (CRM) technology
- BA/BS in relevant fields such as Education, Youth Development, Communications etc.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Excel, including formulas, pivot tables and filters
- Willingness to learn new software platforms
- Familiarity with Canva or other design software.
- Demonstrated experience cultivating and working with diverse audiences.
Company: Wildlife Conservation Society
Vacancy Type: Temporary
Job Location: New York, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A