Website Wildlife Conservation Society
This position is responsible for financial and administrative functions to ensure accuracy and efficiency in the invoicing, recording, reconciliation and collection of WCS operating receivables. The position reports to the Assistant Director – Accounts Receivable.
- Review grants and contracts to determine revenue recognition criteria for a specific agreement in accordance with FASB’s new Revenue
- Recognition Standard, effective July 1,2018 for WCS.
- Review and preparation of financial reports and invoices
- In coordination with the regional controllers review the Global Offices accounts receivable activity to ensure that all payments are accounted for,
- properly posted and local receivable/revenue are accurately booked.
- Process incoming receivable payments in compliance with financial policies and procedures
- Estimates of foreign currency exposure based on the account balance of non-USD receivables
- Perform day to day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, computing, posting and recording accounts receivables’ data
- Verify discrepancies by and resolve clients’ billing/invoicing issues
- Solid understanding of basic accounting principles, fair credit practices and collection regulations
- Two years working experience as accounts receivable clerk, accounts receivable specialist or accounts receivable manager
- Associates degree with accounting/business specialization.
Qualification & Experience:
- Data entry skills along with a knack for numbers
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Have a good working knowledge of Excel, Word and Outlook and hands-on experience working with accounting/accounts receivable software
- Ability to complete work on schedule with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Good problem solving and organizational skills
Company: Wildlife Conservation Society
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A