Website Wildlife Conservation Society
Every day your efforts and interactions can make a difference and help provide our guests an amazing park visit. If you are safety-conscious, attentive and ready to serve in an outdoor, fun, family-friendly environment, you can dive into a seasonal position with us.
- Assist NYA fulltime security staff in maintaining crowd control throughout the NYA grounds
- Essential duties are subject to change based on the daily needs of the New York Aquarium but may include the following:
- Assist in directing the egress of all guests and visitors entering and exiting all scheduled Aqua Theater performances. Monitor the theater during shows and animal exhibitions reporting any / all adverse conditions to NYA fulltime security personnel.
- Assist NYA fulltime security staff in directing emergency responders (EMS, FDNY, and NYPD) personnel to NYA fulltime security staff requesting their assistance.
- Ability to lift and /or move 20-50 pounds
- Ability to stand or walk for extended periods of time
- Good verbal communication skills
- Ability to work during inclement, hot or cold weather conditions weather
Qualification & Experience:
- High School diploma or GED required
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must possess a valid New York State Security License
- Ability to work well within a team concept
- Must possess a valid 8 hour & 16 hour training certificate
Company: Wildlife Conservation Society
Vacancy Type: Temporary
Job Location: New York, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A