Website Wildlife Conservation Society
Must be able to work weekends, holidays and nights (winter season specific); weekday hours also available, dependent on weather and guest attendance; schedule subject to change through the spring, summer & winter. Hours are subject to change on short notice depending on weather and needs of the business
- Ability to evaluate food quality and preparation by tasting
- Responsible for ensuring proper portion sizes in all phases of production.
- Must know methods of food preparation, cooking times, and portion sizes to ensure food is prepared according to recipe.
- Assist in leading the daily operation of the restaurant facilities.
- Rotate and change food holding containers as needed.
- Ensure all food produced is tracked in POS system
- Cuts/slices meat and produce to be used in production.
- Maintain a clean and sanitary work station
- Assist in other areas of production as needed
- Enforce WCS procedures and checklists for maximum daily efficiency.
- Knowledge of food products, identification and acceptable level of food quality
- Ensure safety protocols are met at all times
- Set up and break down work stations
- Characteristics of a proven leader with attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Basic Computer usage
- A positive and outgoing demeanor
Qualification & Experience:
- Ability to frequently move objects weighing up to 50 pounds
- Basic math skills
- Must be able to work well among others in a positive environment
- Able to delegate and assign tasks in a high pressure, high volume environment.
- NYC Food Handlers Certificate preferred, but not required. Must be willing to obtain it within first 45 days of employment
- Prior food preparation experience preferred, but not required
Company: Wildlife Conservation Society
Vacancy Type: Temporary
Job Location: New York, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A