Website Wildlife Conservation Society
Maintain safe and secure environment for guests and employees by patrolling and monitoring premises and personnel.
- Prevent losses and damage by reporting irregularities; enforce zoo policy and procedures; restrain trespassers.
- May perform ground maintenance work as required such as shoveling snow from gates and other
- Complete reports by recording observations, information, occurrences, and surveillance activities.
- Control park traffic by directing drivers at service gate.
- Enforce the Society’s visitors’ rules and regulations and those of the Department of Parks of the City of New York.
- Secure grounds and staff by patrolling zoo; inspecting buildings, equipment as required, and access points; monitor service gate entry, assist with oversize vehicle access to the parking lot. Utilize Detex monitoring system in patrol cycles.
- Valid Driver’s License (preferred)
- NYS Security Guard License
- Must successfully pass a background check.
Qualification & Experience:
- Ability and willingness to work weekends, holidays, evenings and special events as the schedule
- The position requires outdoor work in all weather conditions. Tasks require manual dexterity and ability to safely use tools (e.g. shovel). Some tasks require climbing, kneeling, bending, navigating uneven terrain.
Company: Wildlife Conservation Society
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A