This position is to cover a busy seasonal period within our pubs and will be on a temporary basis. The specific hours for the role will be discussed at interview. As a member of our kitchen team, you will be responsible for maintaining the cleanliness & efficiency of the dish-washing area, delivering food to the front of house staff and assisting with the preparation of food items. Wetherspoon has built its success on delivering the best CQSMA standards (Cleanliness, Quality, Service, Maintenance and Atmosphere) Whist ensuring the highest standards of CQSMA is achieved; you will work with the rest of the kitchen team to maintain our 10 minute service aim
- In addition, you will develop a good knowledge of all our food products and keep up-to-date with the current promotions and offers. It`s essential you also maintain the cleanliness of the kitchen and adhere to all aspects of licensing law, trading standards, food hygiene and health & safety. Successful candidates will need to display excellent communication skills, be professional, well presented and able to communicate clearly with people at all levels.
- Conversational English is essential and you`ll have to be confident, friendly and reliable to succeed with us. This is a great opportunity for an individual looking to start a career in the catering industry.
- The vast majority of our kitchen managers started their Wetherspoon careers as associates, so with the right work ethic and attitude there are real opportunities for career progression.
- We offer competitive hourly rates for all of our team members!
- Alongside this, all our team has the opportunity to earn up to 19% in bonus paid monthly plus additional benefits such as: -Free meal and drink for any employees working a shift of six hours or longer -50% off on food and meal deals whilst at work -20% off on food, drink and hotel accommodation whilst not at work
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Manufacturing
Job Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne, GB
Application Deadline: N/A