Website Jet Propulsion Laboratory
The Application Consulting, Development and Engineering Section under the Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO) has immediate, part-time opportunities for undergraduate students to join the Team. The undergraduate student, will join and contribute to a technical team using agile development methodologies in order to write, test, and deploy data intensive applications, and provide supporting documentation and/or procedures for development and operations.
- Assist with the development and support of web and mobile applications
- Under supervision, perform research and conduct experiments on selected technology-oriented topics.
- Assist with the gathering of business requirements, design, development and testing of applications
- Completed coursework with exposure to standard principles, theories, concepts and techniques in computer science, information systems or computer engineering
- Knowledge of GIT and GitHub use and integration
- Understands the principles of relational databases, normalization, and database design
- Familiarity with concepts of data mining and data visualization
- Familiarity with Windows, Linux, and Mac operating systems
Qualification & Experience:
- Some knowledge as C++, PowerShell, Bash, Perl, Java, API, JSON, R, PHP, Node.js, Java Servlets
- Enrolled in a undergraduate or graduate degreed program studying computer science, software engineering, or related major with a minimum cumulative GPA of a 3.0.
- Knowledge of the principles of collaborative software engineering and software development lifecycle
Company: Jet Propulsion Laboratory
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pasadena, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A