Website Wildlife Conservation Society
The WCS Education Department works across our Zoos & Aquarium. We inspire a diverse and inclusive movement of conservation advocates by sparking connections with animals and nature, improving scientific literacy through hands-on investigation, and engaging constituents in stewardship and action to conserve wildlife and wild places.
- Establish and maintain positive, cooperative, and effective working relations with Adult Volunteers and Youth Discovery Guide Volunteers
- Teach visitors to make connections between zoo exhibits, wildlife conservation, & their daily lives
- Assist with data collection (e.g. conducting surveys and interviews) and data entry for visitor research and evaluation projects.
- Participate in the upkeep of a safe, fun, and lively learning environment for all visitors and staff by providing and accepting feedback
- Present narration of the sea lion feeds focusing on the natural history of sea lions.
- Support admissions and visitors services to provide a friendly face at points in the park that need extra attention on any given day
- You are a high school student with at least 2 years of experience at WCS. **Must be at least 18 years of age by April 2022
- You are a high school graduate who has a strong interest and/or background in environmental science, theater, and/or education
Qualification & Experience:
- You have enthusiastic presentation skills
- Full vaccination for COVID-19 is a condition of employment for all open WCS positions in the United States. If you believe you are entitled to an accommodation, please contact Human Resources at [email protected]
- High school seniors and college students with experience in the WCS Discovery Guide program
- Be comfortable working outside in different weather conditions.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
- You are reliable, flexible and accountable
Company: Wildlife Conservation Society
Vacancy Type: Temporary
Job Location: New York, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A