Website Wildlife Conservation Society
WCS stands for wildlife and wild places. As the world’s premier wildlife conservation organization, WCS has a long track record of achieving innovative, impactful results at scale. We run programs spanning the entire ocean and more than 3 million biologically critical square miles in nearly 60 countries. We build on a unique foundation: Our reach is global; we discover through best-in-class science; we protect through work on the ground with local and indigenous people; we inspire through our world-class zoos, aquarium, and education programs; and we leverage our resources through partnerships and powerful policy influence.
- Will work required shifts.
- Safeguard and maintain equipment (vehicle, radios, etc.)
- May be required to operate a motor vehicle (Patrol etc.)
- Patrols the Aquarium, maintaining peace, reprimands and ejects loiterers and disorderly persons.
- Records daily actions and makes reports as required.
- Calls for police when necessary and represents the Aquarium when required pertaining to summonses issued, arrests made, or when court appearances are required.
- Performs related tasks as required.
- Monitors walkie-talkie / radio and responds to calls for service.
- Valid New York State Driver’s License.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Valid New York State Security Guard Registration Card.
Qualification & Experience:
- WCS is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to hiring and supporting a diverse workforce.
- WCS offers a generous benefit package including medical & dental coverage, paid time off, free tickets to our Zoos and Aquarium, discounts at our parks, 401(k) savings and a pension plan!
- We are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment and look for future team members who share that same value. EOE/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled
Company: Wildlife Conservation Society
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A