Website Wildlife Conservation Society
WCS saves wildlife and wild places worldwide through science, conservation action, education, and inspiring people to value nature. To achieve this, we harness the power of our Global Conservation Program in nearly 60 nations, in all the world’s oceans, and our five wildlife parks in New York City – Bronx Zoo, Central Park Zoo, Queens Zoo, Prospect Park Zoo, and New York Aquarium – visited by 4 million people annually. We combine our expertise in the field, zoos, and aquarium to achieve our conservation mission.
- Facilitate science experiments, art projects, games, and explorations inspired by the zoos and aquarium
- Work on-site at the New York Aquarium. This is not a remote work opportunity.
- Inspire campers from diverse socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds with a love of wildlife and science
- Assist with the supervision, oversight, and mentoring of Counselor-in-Training (CIT) Interns
- Foster an inclusive camp environment for all campers
- Lead engaging summer camp programs alongside full-time education staff for children in grades Pre-K-8th.
- Spend the camp day outdoors, supervising campers in the zoo/aquarium and surrounding parkspace if applicable, and travelling safely with campers at all times.
- Follow and reinforce WCS COVID-19 Safety Procedures, including wearing masks and regular sanitizing.
- Learn and utilize restorative justice practices to create a supportive camp environment and cohesive camp community
- Experience working with children
- High school diploma or equivalency
- 18 years or older
Qualification & Experience:
- Must be available to begin working on position start date
- Must be comfortable working outdoors in summer temperatures and all weather conditions.
- Must be available to work Monday-Friday until position end date
Company: Wildlife Conservation Society
Vacancy Type: Temporary
Job Location: New York, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A