Website Wildlife Conservation Society
The Prospect Park Zoo is seeking an intern for our Animal Enrichment Program. This is an exciting opportunity to develop and evaluate animal enrichment and contribute to the zoological community. As part of our team, you will learn basic and applied research related to animal behavior and enrichment in a zoological setting through your involvement in the research, design, and implementation of animal enrichment. Interns will be expected to develop their own animal enrichment items with guidance from the Animal Department staff and evaluate animal responses and interactions with those items.
- Learn how to develop and implement novel enrichment for specific animals under the direction of Animal Department staff.
- Learn data entry, analysis, and database management.
- Give a brief PowerPoint presentation summarizing your internship at the end of the term.
- Assist with general husbandry tasks such as diet preparation, providing enrichment, or cleaning animal enclosures.
- Learn to describe and analyze animal behavior through video-recording, observations
- Must be able to provide a current negative TB test and proof of health insurance.
- Attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
- Must successfully pass a criminal background check.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Interest in biology or a related field with an interest in an animal care career.
Qualification & Experience:
- Some tasks require climbing, kneeling, bending, navigating uneven terrain, and moderate lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Must be willing to work outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Must be available on weekends and holidays.
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If you believe you qualify for an accommodation, please email Human Resources [email protected] ,
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
- Ability to represent WCS in a professional manner and to establish and maintain positive, effective working relationships with employees, colleagues, and the general public.
Company: Wildlife Conservation Society
Vacancy Type: Internship
Job Location: New York, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A