Website Wildlife Conservation Society
Perform custodial duties throughout the park. Participate in pest control programs (with training) .Perform ground maintenance work including but not limited to raking leaves, spreading tanbark orgravel. Perform mail/supply run to the Bronx Zoo regularly and as requested (with valid driver’s license and training).
- Offer aid, help, directions, and provide information to the public.
- Move furniture or office equipment, move and set up tables and chairs.
- Enforce the Society visitors’ rules and regulations and those of the Department of Parks of the City of
- Assist in the movement of Zoo equipment, supplies and refuse.
- Assist in maintaining areas other than those assigned as conditions may require.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Posses Valid Driver’s License (preferred)
Qualification & Experience:
- The position requires outdoor work in all weather conditions.
- Tasks require manual dexterity and ability to safely use tools (e.g. drill, wire cutters, computer keyboard) and operate equipment (e.g. vacuum cleaners, pressure washer and related custodial equipment). Some tasks require climbing, kneeling, bending, navigating uneven terrain, and moderate lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Ability and willingness to work weekends, holidays, evenings and special events as the schedule demands.
Company: Wildlife Conservation Society
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A