Website Waste Management
The Sorter is responsible for ensuring proper placement and sorting materials on the conveyor line by performing the following duties.
- Read monitor for machine start up and ensure machine is operating properly and at a moderate speed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Attend weekly/monthly safety/operations meetings.
- Report any worker-public safety factors and/or equipment malfunctions.
- Feed material, such as wastepaper onto conveyor.
- Inspect materials and sort items or materials into piles or places in container according to type, size, condition, coloring or paper grade.
- Stack boxes and skids. Dump boxes and totes of material.
- Pull contaminants out of paper or off of floor.
- Follow appropriate standard operating procedures (SOPs) as guideline for operating and maintaining equipment.
- Clean up conveyor and surrounding sorting line. Keep surrounding work area clean.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience: 3 months of relevant work experience.
- Education: Not required.
Company: Waste Management
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Raleigh, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A