Website Waste Management
This position reports to the Area Gas Operations Manager (AGOM) and is responsible for the operation and maintenance of landfill gas collection and control systems (GCCS) including the supervision and direction of Gas Technician I and Gas Technician II positions as well as contractors.
- The individual must have the ability to work independently without direct supervision. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to supervise the work efforts of others and perform the essential duties satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned and vary by location.
- Properly operate and maintain GCCS in a timely and cost effective manner to ensure regulatory compliance and optimize performance.
- GCCS operation and maintenance includes: – 50%
- Calibrate, operate and maintain sensitive electronic data collection devices necessary to optimize LFG collection from the wellfield.
- Collect and manage data entry from environmental monitoring locations.
- Implement and manage the GCCS preventative maintenance plan.
- Operate and maintain liquid management system pneumatic or electric driven pumps (troubleshoot and determine liquid heights within liquid containment structures and or LFG collection wells).
- Perform wellfield valve/vacuum adjustments, data collection and maintenance; interpret data
- Use Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) or High Density Polyethylene (HDPE) piping materials and associated equipment to perform maintenance on piping materials.
- Monitor opacity (visible stack emissions) where required
- Valid and unrestricted driver’s license
- Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills (unless in Canadian provinces)
- Advanced computer skills (i.e., email, web browser, Microsoft – Windows Excel and Word)
- Excellent mechanical and technical skills/aptitude
- Ability to optimize the performance of GCCS
- Thorough familiarity with the operation of gas collection and combustion devices with the ability to troubleshoot this equipment remotely
Qualification & Experience:
- Education and Experience
- Education: High school diploma (accredited) or GED.
- Experience: 5 years of GCCS operations experience (in addition to education requirement).
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
Company: Waste Management
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Manufacturing
Job Location: Norfolk, VA, US
Application Deadline: N/A