Website Waste Management
The Plant Maintenance Technician is responsible for monitoring and maintaining the operation of all plant systems and equipment. Including but not limited to balers, conveyor belts, gearboxes, electrical motors, pulleys, shafts and bearings. This position must respond to all system failures by taking appropriate corrective action by completing or assigning the repairs needed to ensure that systems are operational and are functioning safely and efficiently. This position generally reports to the Plant Maintenance Manager.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities.
- Performs service calls for emergency breakdowns.
- Establishes and adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules and advises Sr. Plant Maintenance Manager if additional work is needed, or cannot be completed within the Standard Repair Times (SRTs).
- Maintains DEI (Daily Equipment Inspections) backlog.
- Performs repairs in accordance with Waste Management Safety and Life Critical Rules and OSHA. (Occupational and Safety Health Act) requirements.
- Ability to perform under limited supervision.
- Performs preventive maintenance inspection (PM); diagnose, repair, and rebuild major equipment/components including but not limited to balers, conveyors, hydraulic power packs, eddy currents, electro-magnetic belts, optical sorters, diverters, compressors, trash compactors, motors, glass breakers, wire tie systems, fans, pumps, forklifts, front-end loaders and building equipment.
- Inspects the quality of third party repairs and or rebuilds.
- Requires a flexible work schedule, which may include nights and weekends to support operating schedule and the needs of the facility.
- Recommends measures to improve production, equipment performance and product quality
- Have knowledge of single and three phase electrical systems.
- Proficient in welding and fabrication.
- Technicians are required to provide their own basic tools to perform routine maintenance and repairs of equipment.
- Have knowledge of pneumatic systems, including air compressors.
- Have knowledge of hydraulic systems.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Safely operates tools and equipment needed during the repair and servicing of equipment.
- Have knowledge of electrical control systems.
- Diagnose defects and repair a variety of equipment and vehicles.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and physical.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
Qualification & Experience:
- Education: Not required
- Experience: 2 year(s) of relevant work
Company: Waste Management
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Manufacturing
Job Location: Pittsburgh, PA, US
Application Deadline: N/A