Website Waste Management
Performs complex preventative maintenance tasks, and troubleshoots and repairs a wide variety of equipment (Heavy Trucks and/or Yellow Iron).
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Repairs as needed equipment (including, but not limited to, heavy trucks, bulldozers, scrapers, backhoes, front end loaders, yard trucks, farm tractors, forklifts, and company cars).
- Diagnoses and repairs differentials, hydraulic systems, motors, transmissions, drives, air conditioning systems, and electrical systems.
- Performs tasks per preventative maintenance checklist.
- Completes records such as work orders, card files, P.M. checklists, and oil samples.
- Services and maintains other equipment such as light plants, water pump, welders, and other equipment.
- Reference site-specific procedures and more detailed site-specific job descriptions.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Valid Driver’s License and must have a clean driving record.
- Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Skill in operating tools equipment, parts and procedures utilized during the repair and servicing of vehicles and equipment,
- skill in repair of special purpose equipment, ability to effectively communicate needed repairs or tasks, ability to diagnose defects in and repair a variety of equipment and vehicles, ability to utilize fleet maintenance software program, and
- knowledge of Total Tire Maintenance Program may be required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Successfully complete and pass pre-employment drug screen and physical.
Qualification & Experience:
- Education and Experience
- Education: Not required.
- Experience: One year of prior Heavy Equipment diesel maintenance experience or Heavy Truck Technician / Mechanic experience.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
Company: Waste Management
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Engineering
Job Location: Modesto, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A