Website Waste Management
As a member of the Waste Management People organization. The People Advisor is tasked with providing tactical, responsive HR support to individual contributors in assigned business units and/or functions. The position serves as the first point of contact and trusted advisor for employee relations issues and human resources policies and processes. The People advisor will champion, demonstrate and uphold WM Commitments & Values to foster an environment of trust, and employee engagement for a diverse workforce.
- Serves as an active member of People related project teams as assigned.
- Partners and participates with local team(s) on recruitment outreach efforts.
- Apprise and escalates potential legal, risk, safety, etc. concerns to the People Manager.
- Conducts training on company policy, programs, and other issues as they arise.
- Serves as the local People point of contact supporting/delivering internal processes including Performance Management, New Hire Orientation and Exit interviews.
- Identify, communicate, and resolve employee relations issues balancing employee advocacy with stewardship of company policies and employment laws.
- Provides reliable and timely coaching and counseling to employees on issues to ensure consistent, transparent application of policies, procedures, and employments laws.
- Comfortable with high volume workload and able to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Solutions-oriented approach to problem solving and conflict resolution with a strong drive to create a positive work environment.
- Self-motivated; ability to navigate complex environments, get answers and autonomously drive solutions.
- Ability to recognize trends and communicate the same as appropriate
- Strong internal and external customer focus.
- Working knowledge of employment laws and regulations and the ability to appropriately assess risk.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Comfort with ambiguity; strong learning agility mindset to embrace and drive change.
- Ability to use experience and judgment to make decisions that may be based on imperfect or incomplete information.
- Approachable and responsive resource able to connect with employees at all levels.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience: Two (2) years of related work experience (in addition to education requirement)
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree (accredited) in Human Resources, Business Administration or similar area of study, or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and four (4) years of relevant work experience.
- PHR, SHRM-CP, or CHRP Certification preferred.
Company: Waste Management
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sacramento, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A