Website Waste Management
Commercial Drivers operate heavy-duty trucks with front or rear end load lift attachment. Drivers are responsible for providing the pick-up service of containers filled with waste or recyclable material. Containers may weigh in excess of 1000 pounds and at times require drivers to maneuver wheeled containers to a pick-up stage area. Driver will transport the material to a disposal, transfer or recycle facility when trucks reach legal load capacity. Driver navigates high traffic and congested roadways, driveways, alleyways, and lots. Highly skilled backing maneuvers are essential to successfully perform this job.
- Ensures the number of containers on the route reconciles to the service level listed on service list.
- Notifies Route Manager or Dispatch of service interruptions, including blocked containers, closed lots, streets, alleyways or potential safety hazards.
- Attends and participates in all scheduled training programs, briefings, and meetings as required by Waste Management or directed by the Route Manager.
- Identifies and reports all containers in need of repair or replacement.
- Notifies Route Manager of any incidents, accidents, injures, or property damage.
- Communicates customer requests to Dispatch or Route Manager.
- Operates vehicle in accordance with Waste Management Safety and Life Critical Rules, OSHA (Occupational and Safety Health Act) and DOT (Department of Transportation) requirements as well as all local, state and federal laws.
- Immediately reports all unsafe situations or service related issues to Route Manager or Dispatch.
- Works closely with Route Manager to improve route efficiencies and identify best practices.
- Performs pre- and post-trip inspections of assigned vehicle and documents checks utilizing the standard DVIR (Driver Vehicle Inspection Report). .
Qualification & Experience:
- Hold a current Class A or B Commercial Driver’s License with an air-brake endorsement.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Must be atleast 18 years of age.
- Successfully complete and pass pre-employment DOT drug screen and DOT physical.
- Must have at least one (1) year of experience operating a vehicle requiring a CDL or equivalent military driving within the last 7 years.
Company: Waste Management
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Chicago, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A