Website Waste Management
As a member of the Waste Management People organization, the People Manager will be tasked with providing world class strategic people solutions and guidance to assigned managers – with a primary focus on tactical execution and support of internal manager clients. The People Manager is responsible for supporting and ensuring the execution of initiatives that build trust, employee engagement, leadership effectiveness, leadership development and workforce efficiency for a diverse workforce in an emerging and fast paced enterprise. The People Manager will direct and control People policies and programs to provide and maintain an effective organization which will enable the company to achieve its short and long-term goals.
- Execute area/business unit/functional-level strategies to improve organizational health and culture. Lead and participate in diversity & inclusion initiatives.
- Proposes People solutions and/or organizational changes at an operating unit and/or department level based upon an analysis of operational opportunities.
- Leadership activity will include managing talent through proper succession planning programs for key contributor and management positions, learning and development programs for preparing employees for career advancement and employee development programs to enhance employee knowledge and understanding of the business of the company and the industry.
- Partners with appropriate Centers of Expertise (COE) to execute People strategies, initiatives and programs to support business objectives at an Area and/or Functional level.
- Plans, manages and coordinates various People functions and organizes and schedules all necessary resources required to accomplish activities.
- Delivers People solutions that are considered value added, measurable, directly tied to the operating unit and/or functional department level business objectives.
- Leads/manages projects and/or participates as a project member on People initiatives as assigned.
- Coaches and advises managers, supporting multiple functions/departments on people matters.
- Participates as a key member of district operating unit and/or functional department leadership team providing people solutions to improve business impact.
- Identifies and activates People solutions that impact the company’s ability to meet business objectives. Must accurately diagnose organization issues, develop solutions and implement action plans.
- Ability to think strategically and translate concepts into actionable items
- Ability to gain acceptance of ideas and commitment to action that support specific work outcomes through professional influence. Courage to make tough decisions and deliver difficult messages with professionalism and poise
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to present their point of view in varied business situation
- Strong analytical & diagnostic skills. Utilizes data analytics to identify People insights to make proactive solutions.
- Innovative mindset identifying new ways to solve work problems resulting in unique/differentiated solutions.
- Must possess consultative style and approach with proven ability to develop credible relationships with business partners
- Ability to assess & develop individuals’ knowledge, skills, and ability. Talent management and succession planning experience preferred
- Ability to understand the business operations from both a strategic and tactical perspective
- Possess & leverage human resource discipline, operational and/or business acumen to influence shareholder value. Understanding of, and some experience with, most or all core aspects of Human Resource Management (staffing; employee relations; performance management; leadership development; training).
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects with overlapping tasks and work independently with minimal supervision.
Qualification & Experience:
- Ability to speak Spanish, Creole or Asian is highly preferred
- Experience: Five (5) years of experience managing human resource systems, process, programs, initiatives and professionals (in addition to education requirement).
- SPHR certification preferred.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree (accredited) in Industrial/Labor Relations, Human Resources Management, Psychology, or related field, or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and four (4) years of relevant work experience.
Company: Waste Management
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Miami, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A