Website Ace Hardware
Ace Hardware corporation is a retailer-owned cooperative of more than 5,000 independent Ace stores in all 50 states, and 70 countries, with 14 distribution centers throughout North America. Ace’s distribution network is one of the cornerstones of the corporation’s success. By utilizing advanced technology and an integrated team approach at our distributions centers nationwide, we’re able to consistently deliver one of the highest service levels in the industry to our retailers. This commitment to excellence carries through to each employee at our distribution centers.
Ace is a place for you to have a long term career you can be truly proud of with competitive pay, promotional opportunities, and comprehensive benefits for you and your family. Ace Hardware Distribution Centers are where team players collaborate to support amazing retailers be the most helpful hardware stores on the planet.
We have an opportunity for an Warehouse Manager at our distribution center in Colorado Springs, CO. As an Warehouse Manager, you will be responsible for directing operational departments and exempt staff to maximize safety, quality, productivity and employee relations for our team. The Warehouse Manager role is essential in executing Ace’s operational initiatives while fostering a collaborative team environment in a service-oriented culture.
- Determine staffing requirements, along with conducting and/or overseeing the interview process. Make hiring decisions and oversee training of new employees.
- Provide guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards, monitoring performance and creating development opportunities.
- Actively pursue succession planning for self and direct reports.
- Flexible to deal with issues that arise outside of normal business hours.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Lead, support and encourage Ace Values: Winning, Excellence, Love, Integrity, Gratitude, Humility and Teamwork.
- Ensure a safe work environment for all team members.
- Be a part of a positive work environment which enhances high level performance.
- Establish and implement departmental policies, goals, objectives and procedures, conferring with senior leadership, staff members and others within the organization as necessary.
- Oversee activities directly related to warehouse operations utilizing Lean tools and methodologies.
- Review financial statements and reports, as well as other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement, and to determine areas needing cost reduction and program improvement.
- Tuition reimbursement program;
- Generous merchandise discount program; and
- Business casual dress every day!
- Comprehensive health coverage and life benefits along with prescription drug, dental, vision and flexible spending accounts;
- Generous 401(k) Savings and Retirement Plan which includes a company match, and other company contributions;
- Eighteen (18) vacation days in 2019;
Qualification & Experience:
- Communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proficient in Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability and willingness to work non-traditional shifts and hours.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership, and coordination of people and resources.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Strong interpersonal skills
Company: Ace Hardware
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Colorado Springs, CO, US
Application Deadline: N/A