The Verizon Global Learning & Development Technology team is seeking a full-time full-stack web/application programmer with 5 or more years of technical experience, to work on highly responsive and data-driven web applications. The ideal candidate will be passionate about writing code, unafraid of solving big problems, able to mentor junior/peer developers, risk-tolerant, and willing to think divergently.
- Review project approach framework and designs as well as estimate development LOEs with product & development team, IT staff, and business stakeholders, analyze the feasibility of the approach, and identify potential risks/issues.
- Ensure the quality of the project meets security compliance, quality assurance (QA) and user acceptance testing (UAT) guidelines.
- Manage and mentor junior developers and peers to deliver business expectations.
- Work with product manager to assist and drive the “best in class”, intuitive, engaging, and simple web applications within a SCRUM/AGILE, project environment.
- Design and develop API management using Apigee, Micro services or similar tools, traffic monitoring, platform security and user access.
- Communicate project progress, status, risks, issues etc. to all stakeholder levels as warranted.
- Build reliable web-based applications at scale.
- Analyze, design, and develop enterprise integrated solutions across multiple applications between PLM (product lifecycle management) systems with enterprise and vendor managed applications.
- Create, maintain and make use of reusable interface components.
- Provide expert level proficiency and full-stack web development experience on the following tech stack: Angular, NodeJS, SQL, HTML/CSS, PHP, and web services utilizing JSON and RESTful patterns, Preferred: React, VueJS, Java.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience with SQL, HTML/CSS.
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Experience with React, VueJS, Java, Spring boot, and Splunk.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written; can convey ideas in a logical order and professional manner.
- Web services utilizing JSON and RESTful patterns.
- Willingness to travel.
- Experience with Angular or NodeJS/Node.
- Experience mentoring developers.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Syracuse, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A