Here at Vans, our purpose is to enable creative expression – and inspire youth culture – by celebrating and encouraging the Off the Wall attitude that comes from expressing your true self. We are searching for an individual that stands out from the rest; one who catches our eyes with their confident demeanor and unwavering curiosity. We need someone who is a visionary with a stream of innovative ideas that will transform the action sports industry. The role, Manager, New Product Introduction (NPI), is responsible for functioning as the champion of the end-to-end New Product Introduction process for Vans. The responsibilities include process definition, synchronization and phased execution for NPI. Partnership and a collaborative approach with stakeholders are a necessity. In this position, you will have a Global scope for both the Vans Footwear and Apparel/Accessories business. You will be leading the discussions of Vans key seasonal stories through reporting, information flow and project monitoring. You will support the communication of important milestones, style information, and timelines to the business. You will own the end-to-end process and facilitate Global recommendations surrounding project scope, cost, time, quality, and risk.
- Lead the project management of NPI projects to ensure excellence in Supply Chain execution.
- Work cross functionally with Product Development, Merchandising, and Supply Chain teams to track and hit key milestones, while actively driving decisions if key milestones are not met.
- Responsible for identification of all NPI project style/color items and lead key milestones/deliverables globally
- Develop and monitor seasonal project timelines to ensure on-time delivery to all regions
- Proactively identify risks and provide recommendations to mitigate and facilitate global discussion for alignment
- Recognize opportunities to optimize the project timeline, cost and risks and provide recommendations to key decision makers to ensure successful execution.
- Your unique and diverse experiences and background enable you to provide differing perspectives to fuel our global growth. Additionally, you are inclusive by nature and you value differing points of view.
- Responsible for supporting monthly S&OP reporting including all related NPI cross functional meetings
- Strong ability to understand, assess & problem solve by leveraging technical and analytical skills
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Financial management and business acumen skills
- Excellent communication (oral & written) skills
- High customer focus with the ability to drive for results and influence stakeholders
- Ability to lead, coach and develop staff to improve performance and achieve professional goals.
- Ability to work/communicate with all levels of the organization
- Develop collaborative and diverse relationships
- Ability to influence and communicate cross functionally
- Strong organizational skills
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a four-year college or university (Preferred concentration in Engineering, Supply Chain or Business Management/Sciences)
- APICS CPIM or CSCP or similar designation is preferred
- Years of Related Professional Experience: 5+ years of operations experience, 2+ years of people management experience
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Design
Job Location: Costa Mesa, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A