Website Valero Energy
Executes Supply Chain Management needs, strategy and related processes covering equipment, materials and services for all local refinery and joint ventures*. Incumbent is also deployed as necessary to provide Supply Chain Management services to these locations for major turnarounds, capital projects, and emergency requirements. Provides specialization expertise to Valero in one or more Supply Chain Management areas based on past experience and training, serving as Valero’s “go-to” person to resolve related issues and opportunities (subject matter expert). Supply chain requirements are met by utilizing a combination of multi-site supplier agreements and local supplier agreements. Objectives include meeting PSM and occupational safety needs, while maximizing profitability through increased operational reliability and reduction of Valero’s total cost of operation and ownership (TCO).
- Assists all sites with supplier performance issues resolution.
- Works with other Supply Chain Management directors and managers responsible for multi-site agreements to maximize utilization and value from these agreements
- Provides feedback on supplier performance, opportunities for improvements to existing agreements, and opportunities for new multi-site agreements.
- Assures procurement activities are in compliance with all Valero guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Develops strong networks and working relationships involving suppliers, sites and executive management.
- Assures warehouse inventory purchase requirements are being met through supplier agreements.
- Meets requirements for Supply Chain Management related activities, procurement of equipment, materials, and services required for all local refinery and joint ventures operations, maintenance, turnarounds, and capital projects (scope excludes purchase of refinery feedstocks, energy, and transportation for feedstock and products).
- Assures purchases are made in compliance with Valero’s AMLs (Approved Manufacturers Lists).
- Assures timely delivery of equipment, materials and services to meet deadlines for maintenance, turnarounds and capital projects.
- Develops and issues RFIs, RFPs and RFQs as required to purchase required equipment, materials and services.
Qualification & Experience:
- 3 year experience in procurement of refinery-related goods and services preferred.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 3 years of experience in supply chain management, engineering, auditing, business analytics, and/or related functions required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Engineering, or equivalent technical degree preferred.
Company: Valero Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Port Arthur, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A