Website Valero Energy
As an I/S Refining Technology 2, you will provide support for enterprise information system infrastructure technology solutions by installing and troubleshooting desktop hardware and software, telephone equipment, network equipment and cabling, managing spare equipment inventory, and providing direct phone support of internal customers via Valero’s Virtual Helpdesk line.
- Participate in information system infrastructure design and implementation.
- Project as an individual contributor.
- Perform research and repair activity, including vendor coordination to ensure computer services for supported locations.
- Provide on-site support of computing equipment and software, including complex needs and analysis, configuration, and installation.
- Test applications and equipment with minimal supervision.
Qualification & Experience:
- 2+ years of experience in the following area(s): Microsoft products, to include Windows OS and Office suites, desktop hardware, and customer service required.
- 2+ years of experience TCP/IP networking (DHCP, Gateway, Firewall, and IP tools such as ipconfig, tracert, and ping) required.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) or foreign equivalent degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology or related field preferred.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Ability to successfully complete the TWIC (Transportation Worker Identification Card) process required.
Company: Valero Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Beaumont, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A