Website Valero Energy
- As a System Engineering Specialist, you will be responsible for the technical operation of I/S infrastructure, primarily focused on operating systems, virtualization, collaboration, and server hardware.
- Our goal at Valero is to continue to be the premier manufacturer, distributor, and marketer of quality transportation fuels and petrochemical feedstocks, while serving the needs of our employees, communities and stakeholders.
- Operate and maintain Valero’s internal Red Hat Enterprise Linux and SuSE Enterprise Linux server environment.
- Operate and maintain Valero’s internal Cisco and HPE server hardware.
- Operate and maintain Valero’s internal VMware VSphere environment.
- Contribute to Valero’s automation initiatives using Ansible, Puppet, PowerShell.
- Follow ITIL based service management processes (Change, Incident, Request).
Qualification & Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree (or higher) or foreign equivalent degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology or related field.
- At least 5 years of experience operating and maintaining Linux servers in a large enterprise environment.
- Experience managing RHEL 7 and RHEL 8 with Red Hat Satellite in an enterprise environment.
- Experience with infrastructure automation using Ansible, Puppet, PowerShell, or Python.
- Experience with VMware vSphere, Cisco UCS Manager, Cisco IMC management, and HPE Onboard Administrator platforms in a large enterprise.
- Experience with service management processes and procedures (Change, Incident, Request).
- Experience operating and maintaining a variety of complex, mission critical I/S systems.
Company: Valero Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Amarillo, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A