Website Valero Energy
As a Business Intelligence Developer Specialist, you will have the opportunity to design and develop information models, perform data analysis, and create qualitative reporting solutions to enable the business to make critical business decisions. In this role, you will also assist in the technical design, development, upgrade and implementation of BI solutions for Valero. You will mentor more junior teammates and will be a key contributor to changing the way Valero produces information, as well as how we utilize data to make critical decisions that impact the entire organization. You will leverage Microsoft Power BI, SAP HANA, BW and Business Objects to support business intelligence needs by working in close collaboration with other teams, end-users, and IS departments to meet the company’s goals. You will also participate in proof-of-concept efforts to assess potential new BI tools, functionalities, cloud solutions, etc. to continue the evolution of Valero’s Business Intelligence environment.
- Enjoy working independently and taking on new challenges.
- Thrive in a close-knit culture that values teamwork and collaboration.
- Stay organized and multi-task effectively.
- Demonstrate passion for continuous improvement.
- Proactively seek out opportunities to get involved and add value.
- Build strong relationship across IS and business teams.
- Provide top quality customer service.
- Bring an attention to detail with strong problem-solving skills.
- Be motivated and enjoy making positive impacts as a part of a collaborative team.
- Embrace continuous growth and learning new technologies and techniques as the environment evolves.
Qualification & Experience:
- SAP S/4HANA experience
- A bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Computer Science, MIS, Engineering, Information Technology or related field, or equivalent.
- Basic skills using Microsoft Office programs (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Skype).
- BW/4HANA experience
- 5 years of business or technical experience utilizing SAP BW and SAP HANA.
- 5 years of SAP Business Objects BI development tools.
- Strong analytical capabilities with an understanding of statistical modeling.
- Oil & Gas industry experience
Company: Valero Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Antonio, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A