Website Valero Energy
- Follows safety rules and procedures as set forth by the company.
- Prepares refinery financial forecasts, results of operations, capital budget and expense budgets, prepares analysis of variances to plan, prepares specific Solommon tables as needed, preparation of various financial and operating reports, headquarters accounting close support, and budget management support.
- Prepares accounting journals as needed and assists with Sarabnes Oxley tests as required.
- Prepares analysis, which may include the Refinery’s financial planning, capital budgeting, cost accounting, expense budgeting, financial and statistical reporting.
- Assists Refinery Controller or other staff positions with reporting, analysis and special projects such as VLP tank drops, asset sales and strategic plan development.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience in the refining and/or chemical manufacturing industry preferred.
- Ability to abide by confidentiality requirements when working with sensitive information, results, and communications.
- Skill in providing thorough, efficient, and effective customer service to individuals at all levels within the organization.
- Ability to be geographically mobile preferred.
- Basic understanding of generally accepted accounting principles, theories, and ability to apply them to the Corporation’s accounting needs required.
- 1 year of accounting experience preferred.
- CPA certification preferred.
- Bachelor’s or higher level degree in Accounting required.
- Ability to read and interpret company policies, regulatory guidelines, and other work-related documentation.
- Master’s or higher level degree – in a related field preferred.
Company: Valero Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Corpus Christi, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A