Website United States Postal Service
The United States Postal Service is recruiting for a Authorization & Accreditation Specialist EAS- 23 to work in Falls Church, VA. This position is a permanent and full-time with federal benefits. Please see below the position description.
- Monitors and evaluates system’s compliance, assess continuous monitoring results to confirm that the level of risk is within acceptable limits for the software application, network, or system.
- Performs validation steps, comparing actual results with expected results and analyze the differences to identify impacts and risks to systems and/or software applications.
- Verifies application software/network/system and security postures are implemented as stated, documents deviations, and recommend required actions to correct deviations.
- Plans and conducts security authorization reviews and assurance case development for initial installation of software applications, systems, and networks.
- Conducts security authorization reviews and assurance, develops case developments for initial installation of software applications, systems, and networks and develops recommendations of preliminary or residual security risks for system operations.
- Ability to manage projects including setting objectives, developing and implementing plans, and monitoring progress.
- Ability to analyze data and/or system metrics, summarize results, and make recommendations consistent with business strategy and requirements.
- Knowledge of industry methods for evaluating, implementing, and disseminating security assessment, monitoring, detection and remediation tools and procedures utilizing standards-based concepts and capabilities.
- Knowledge of laws, regulations, and policies relating to computer and information security.
- Ability to research and analysis network and information systems using security principles and best practices.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing sufficient to prepare correspondence, reports, presentations and other documentation.
Company: United States Postal Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Ft. Pierce, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A