Website United States Postal Service
The United States Postal Service has the following challenging employment opportunity for a highly motivated and innovative individual. The Territory Representative position is available in North Houston, TX. The successful candidate must demonstrate through a combination of education, training, and experience the following requirements.
- Develops effective working relationships with existing and potential business customers by learning the needs of the business and meeting those needs.
- Maintains, tracks, and reports on customer information, account management/sales activities, and projected revenue using a customer relationship management system to enhance USPS visibility to end customer’s needs and to promote accurate revenue and sales reporting.
- Participates in the execution of pricing agreement development plans as needed; provides assistance to develop solutions customized to specific business needs.
- Conducts formal and informal in-person customer visits, phone calls, emails, and other communications with new prospects and existing customers to sell USPS products and services within the assigned geographic territory to achieve sales and revenue retention goals. Conducts negotiations and executes agreements at the customer’s place of business.
- Utilizes customer intelligence and market/industry research to assess revenue potential and develop a pipeline of potential new customers within assigned territory. Generates and prequalifies sales leads and prospects through activities such as cold calling, networking, research, referrals, distributing product information, writing proposals, and visiting current and potential customers. Receives and follows up on sales leads from various USPS lead sources.
- Executes end-to-end sales process for accounts in target revenue segment.
- Collaborates cross-functionally with key stakeholders accountable for customer contracts and pricing, customer onboarding and integration, customer care and support, and operational execution to address customer needs involving onboarding/integration, transportation, equipment or unique processing requirements.
- Manages portfolio of accounts within assigned territory and target revenue segment.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing at a level sufficient to develop effective working relationships with existing and potential business customers.
- Possession of or ability to obtain a valid state driver’s license to operate a motor vehicle.
- Ability to use market research and intelligence to develop appropriate business proposals and convert opportunities for qualified customers with revenue growth potential within an assigned geographic territory.
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop solutions based on documented customer needs.
- SPECIAL CONDITION: Willingness to travel frequently within assigned territory as necessary to close sales.
Company: United States Postal Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Houston, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A