Website United States Postal Service
Plans, develops and implements information systems or services to support a customer’s information systems needs. In this capacity either works as the customer liaison or as the provider of an IT service for the Information Technology (IT) organization. Provides program/project support for IT funded initiatives.
- Establishes liaison relationships with business and IT partners. Manages the process of identifying and communicating business requirements and works with technical resources to help in solution generation.
- Develops and updates project/program plans and schedules. Consolidates all project plans within a program. Monitors milestones and critical dates and resolves scheduling issues.
- Works with customer to define IT services to offer or to define project/program scope. Advises client(s) on options, risks and cost vs. benefits. Prioritizes program efforts that will be broken down into multiple projects.
- Determines the IT roles, identifies key skills and competencies, and secures qualified individuals for a project team. Works with IT managers to align resources across projects.
- Plans and manages multiple, large-sized projects of high complexity, or one highly complex program consisting of multiple projects or provides an IT service leveraged by multiple projects. Influences strategic initiatives.
- Estimates costs (physical, financial and human capital), integrates cost baselines from multiple projects into overall budget and confirms funding sources. Monitors the actual cost versus the budget.
- Ability to provide leadership and guidance to employees and suppliers in the development and implementation of business systems solutions.
- Ability to perform project management activities such as work breakdown, resource estimating, project planning, tracking/oversight, scheduling tasks, negotiating deliverables, project administration and status reporting.
- Ability to identify and track program activities; develop program costs and measure performance against planned objectives.
- Knowledge of business system solution development at a level sufficient to direct and manage a functional area’s related planning efforts and activities, and provide alternative solutions to business needs
- Ability to communicate, orally and in writing, sufficient to develop and present management briefings; provide written and/or verbal guidance on technical issues; and prepare/present recommendations and reports.
- Ability to develop and manage a business case to justify information systems project funding.
Company: United States Postal Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Project Management
Job Location: Winston Salem, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A