Website United States Postal Service
- Analyze, evaluate,and develop, new and existing, computer programs, systems, and procedures used to process data. Update programs and systems documentation and instructions.
- Work alone or as part of a team on simple to complex projects, assisting or as lead analyst/programmer.
- Maintain contact, as designated, with the team leader, customers, contractors, and equipment vendors to monitor
identified and available in the Infrastructure Tool Kit (ITK). rewrites to the systems documentation and instructions as necessary.
programming specifications and in developing coding logic. Prepare charts, diagrams, and other documentation as needed.
- Assist or lead in preparing progress and coordinate varied project stages.
- Ensure systems compatibility. Follow data security procedures and identify potential data security risks.
- Participate in the project planning process that determines programming and hardware needs.
- Oversee the consistent utilization of USPS development standards, procedures and processes.
- Maintain computer programs and systems. Revise and update computer programs, procedures, and systems; including
- Design, code, test, and debug computer programs, independently or as part of a team, using computer languages
- Ability to use relational database technology.
- languages such as JAVA, SQL, COBOL and/or Visual Basic.
- Experience defining requirements and design specifications, creating conceptual, logical and physical design using case
- models, component models, and physical models.
- Knowledge of industry-standard software development life cycle processes.
- Knowledge of application development, such as WEB, batch, and object-oriented.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bargaining Unit Qualification Standard 0334h (0334–0142) Computer Systems
- Experience testing, debugging and repairing programs sufficient to meet software specifications.
- Experience writing, editing and updating programs in support of software applications, using one or more programming
Company: United States Postal Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Lafayette, LA, US
Application Deadline: N/A