Website United States Postal Service
This Position is for an Assistant Rural Carrier (ARC) with the United States Postal Service at a facility location in Edwards, MS. Functional Purpose Using dynamic route descriptions, delivers packages on Sundays and observed holidays. May case, deliver, and collect mail and packages on Saturday along a prescribed rural route using a vehicle.
- Sorts mail in delivery sequence for the assigned route.
- Returns mail collected, undeliverable mail, and submits monies and receipts to post office.
- Provides for mail security at all times.
- Delivers mail and packages to customers along a prescribed route or as an auxiliary assistant by a vehicle; collects monies and receipts for accountable mail; picks up mail from customers’ roadside boxes.
- Furnishes routine information concerning postal matters to customer.
- Loads packages in delivery sequence in vehicle.
- Prepares appropriate time records.
- Loads mail and packages in vehicle.
- Delivers packages to customers along a prescribed route.
- Receives and signs for accountable mail.
Applicants must be physically able to perform the essential duties of this position with or without reasonable accommodation. ADDITIONAL PROVISIONS Rural carriers are required to provide service to the public. They must maintain a neat and professional appearance and demeanor in such interactions. Applicants must have a valid state driver’s license and demonstrate and maintain a safe driving record. Qualified applicants must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screening to meet the U.S. Postal Service’s requirement to be drug free. Applicants must also be a U.S. citizen or have permanent resident alien status.
Company: Health Care Provider
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Jackson, MS, US
Application Deadline: N/A