Website U.S. DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE
The Agricultural Research Service (ARS) is the United States Department of Agriculture’s chief scientific research agency and one of the world’s premiere scientific organizations. ARS Postdoctoral Research Associates are hired to supplement a lead scientist’s research on agricultural problems of high national priority affecting American agriculture. This position is located with the **ANNOUNCEMENT IS OPEN UNTIL FILLED OR DECEMBER 16, 2021**
- This position requires a recent Ph.D in Molecular Biology, Microbiology, Plant Pathology or a related field of study that has equipped the applicant with the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the duties and responsibilities of the position.
- The incumbent is expected to have broad knowledge of, and extensive research skills in molecular biology, microbiology and/or plant pathology.
- Some experience in bio-informatics and sequencing analyses is desirable
- Applicants must meet basic Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standard’s requirements of the scientific discipline necessary to perform the duties and responsibilities of the position. MOLECULAR BIOLOGIST – GS-0401
- Degree: biological sciences, agriculture, natural resource management, chemistry, or related disciplines appropriate to the position.
Qualification & Experience:
- Combination of education and experience: Courses equivalent to a major, as shown in A above, plus appropriate experience or additional education. MICROBIOLOGIST – GS-0403
- Degree: microbiology; or biology, chemistry, or basic medical science that included at least 20 semester hours in microbiology and other subjects related to the study of microorganisms, and 20 semester hours in the physical and mathematical sciences combining course work in organic chemistry or biochemistry, physics, and college algebra, or their equivalent.
- Combination of education and experience: courses equivalent to a major in microbiology, biology, chemistry, or basic medical science that included courses as shown in A above, plus appropriate experience or additional education.
Company: U.S. DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Memphis, TN, US
Application Deadline: N/A