Website U.S. DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE
The Agricultural Research Service (ARS) is the United States Department of Agriculture’s chief scientific research agency and one of the world’s premiere scientific organizations. ARS Postdoctoral Research Associates are hired to supplement a lead scientist’s research on agricultural problems of high national priority affecting American agriculture.
- This position requires a recent Ph.D in Molecular Biology, Microbiology, Plant Pathology or a related field of study that has equipped the applicant with the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the duties and responsibilities of the position.
- The incumbent is expected to have broad knowledge of, and extensive research skills in molecular biology, microbiology and/or plant pathology. Some experience in bio-informatics and sequencing analyses is desirable.
- Applicants must meet basic Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standard’s requirements of the scientific discipline necessary to perform the duties and responsibilities of the position. MOLECULAR BIOLOGIST – GS-0401
Qualification & Experience:
- Degree: biological sciences, agriculture, natural resource management, chemistry, or related disciplines appropriate to the position.
- Combination of education and experience: Courses equivalent to a major, as shown in A above, plus appropriate experience or additional education. MICROBIOLOGIST – GS-0403
- Combination of education and experience: courses equivalent to a major in microbiology, biology, chemistry, or basic medical science that included courses as shown in A above, plus appropriate experience or additional education.
Company: U.S. DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Kansas City, MO, US
Application Deadline: N/A