Website U.S. DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE
The Incumbent provides leadership, vision, and direction to the Big Data Initiative (BDI) and the Artificial Intelligence (AI) Center of Excellence.
- He/she operates at the intersection of agricultural science and computer science in order to: support the development of strategic plans and policies for scientific computing; promote the use and application of scientific computing in ARS research; and implement a vision for scientific computing for the purpose of advancing scientific missions.
- Have conducted outstanding research in the fields of biological or ecological sciences with specific knowledge of at least one of the scientific specialties(genetics, ecology, agricultural sciences, biology), as determined by a Qualifications Assessment Board;
- Have earned a doctoral level degree at an institution of higher education [as defined in section 101 of the Higher Education Act of 1965 (20 U.S.C. 1001)];
- Have national or international recognition authority and leadership in an area of widespread scientific interest and investigation; and
- Meet the qualification standards prescribed by the Office of Personnel Management for appointment to a position at the GS-15 level of the General Schedule.
- The Senior Science and Technology Service (SSTS) consist of individuals who are leading or managing science and technology programs and who may not be currently conducting research but have conducted outstanding research in the past
Company: U.S. DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Kansas City, MO, US
Application Deadline: N/A