The Help Desk Specialist provides second-level support for local and remote automation and transportation systems for users on applications, hardware and software. Daily activities will include:
- Responsibilities of the Worldport Computer room, and performing the beginning-of-day/end-of-day environment administration for the Critical Sort Systems.
- Incident resolution, incident escalation, event management/facilitation, incident follow up, incident logging, root cause and trending analysis, performing system checks, proactively monitoring of the IT systems in the 24 x 7 Worldport / Airline environments.
- Must be able to read, understand, and apply complex technical information and processes.
- Deliver technical support over the phone in a second-level proactive monitoring / resolution environment.
- Familiarity with SQL Programming and Oracle
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with TCIP/IP, Windows Operating System, LAN Administration, Client Server Architecture, Citrix, and VB Script
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline, or the equivalent in education and work experience
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Louisville, KY, US
Application Deadline: N/A