Website United HealthCare
What we do defines who we are. Take a deeper look at how we’re providing support during this global health crisis and search for a way you can get involved.
- Make outbound calls to remind patients of appointments or to coordinate resolution of care opportunities with patients, providers, and pharmacies.
- Pulling demographic and insurance information from multiple hospital EMR’s.
- Refer calls to pharmacy/nursing team according to protocols
- Demonstrate courtesy in each interaction
Escalate transactions when defined by protocols.
- Demonstrate active listening and empathy in all interactions.
- Demonstrate effective communication through proper tone, pace, volume, grammar, and pronunciation.
- Control the interaction to ensure each of the consumer’s inquiry is handled completely and efficiently.
- Intake responsibilities including entering and processing new referrals, communicating with case managers and physicians, insurance verification, entering medication profiles and confirming nursing agency for SOC.
- Demonstrate sensitivity to issues and show proactive behavior in addressing customer needs
- Answer inbound calls from patients and providers regarding appointments and general inquiries
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Excel (create, edit, save)
- 1 + years of healthcare experience, including familiarity with medical terminology
- Basic computer experience using a keyboard and mouse and moving between screens
- Must have the ability to work on/call weekends and holiday’s
- Knowledge of electronic medical record systems and practice management systems
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience working in a physician, provider, and/or medical office
- Insurance verification experience
- Intake experience
- 1 + years of telephonic customer service experience or in-person customer service experience, handling moderate to complex transactions
- High School Diploma/GED (or higher)
Company: United HealthCare
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Health Care Provider
Job Location: High Point, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A