Website Northside Hospital
Northside Hospital is award-winning, state-of-the-art and continually growing. Constantly expanding the quality and reach of our care to our patients and communities creates even more opportunity for the best healthcare professionals in Atlanta and beyond. Discover all the possibilities of a career at Northside today.
- Assembles patient charts for new admissions. Enters physician’s orders for tests, procedures, etc. into computer system. May transcribe medical orders as required.
- Coordinates admission, transfer, and discharge of patients with other departments. Maintains census information, and may coordinate patient room assignments.
- Maintains patient charts and clinical information by ensuring that necessary documents, reports, and records are completed and filed appropriately.
- Enters patient charges and central supply requests for supplies and services into computer system.
- Acts as a communication center for department. Answers phone and call lights, relays messages, and assists physicians and hospital staff as needed.
- Receives and greets visitors and directs accordingly.
- Reviews charts upon patient discharge for accuracy and completeness.
- Disassembles and ensures delivery to Medical Records.
- Trains new personnel to use patient care system computer.
- May transport patients, specimens, orders, supplies, or documents as needed.
- May print patient profiles at the end of each shift.
- May assist with weekly time reports.
- Provides support to patients including, but not limited to, delivering and picking up dietary trays, snacks, and nourishments.
- Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with hospital and departmental policies and procedures. Immediately reports any mechanical or electrical equipment malfunctions, unsafe conditions, or employee/patient/visitor injury‑accident to Manager.
- Assists in the ongoing development and administration of hospital and department Quality Improvement program.
Qualification & Experience:
- One (1) year previous experience in a clerical position.
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology.
- Ability to type.
Company: Northside Hospital
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Canton, GA, US
Application Deadline: N/A