Website Under Armour
The Assistant Store Manager is an entry-level position into the store management career path. The Assistant Store Manager supports the Store Manager in the daily operations of the store. This includes the responsibility of assisting the store in achieving its sales goals, meeting merchandising standards and delivering operational excellence through effectively leading a high performing team. The Assistant Store Manager is expected to role model Under Armourâ€™s Core Competencies and I WILL behaviors in all actions and interactions in order to create a positive Teammate and Athlete experience.
Leadership Motivate and inspire the team by delivering a compelling vision and purpose which encompasses Under Armour’s Core Competencies and I WILL behaviors. Act as the leader on duty and consistently models the brand’s Athlete service standards and selling behaviors. Establish and communicate clear expectations while holding the store team accountable for achieving all brand, performance and behavior standards. Build and support effective relationships with all teammates, peers and supervisors to effectively lead positive change. Supports the Store Manager through effective execution of all performance management tools. Effectively communicate with the management team to align and help drive business strategy. Ensure total Store Accountability for all Under Armour Policies and Procedures. Support the Store Manager in establishing and executing a strategic plan to achieve planned sales and key performance indicators for all time periods. Analyze reporting and daily sales trends to make real-time strategic business decisions to drive results. Train and develop team on business acumen to drive business performance. Build Athlete loyalty through in-store experience, through the use of Athlete data capture, endless aisle and the understanding of Connected Fitness applications.
Operations Maintain Under Armour brand standards of neat, clean and organized sales floor, cash wrap and fitting room ensuring store environment is safe for teammates and athletes. Support/Lead the efficient and productive handling of all merchandise Oversee and ensure efficiency of all daily operational procedures. Ensure store audit compliance and shrink results meet company loss prevention standards. Manage payroll and schedule adjustments effectively to maximize productivity to achieve payroll and sales targets.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, including holidays, nights and weekends.
- Computer and technology proficient.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with athletes and store team.
- Ability to move or handle merchandise up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to freely access all areas of the store; including the selling floor, stock and register area.
- Prioritizing, interpersonal, problemâ€solving & planning skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of employment laws including compliance with federal, state and local requirements.
- Ability to analyze business trends and reporting to drive sales.
- Ability to coach, provide feedback and partner on substandard performance.
- Ability to work in a fastâ€paced and deadlineâ€oriented environment.
- Ability to perform Essential Job Functions.
Qualification & Experience:
- Minimum high school education or equivalent.
- Minimum of 1 year of relevant leadership experience preferred.
Company: Under Armour
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Marketing
Job Location: Columbia, SC, US
Application Deadline: N/A