Website Tennessee Valley Authority
- Serves as an economist requiring use of economic, econometric, risk and statistical techniques on a daily basis as participant in major projects or as lead analyst in projects of moderate scope.
- Performs work which involves conventional economic analysis in the areas of natural resource and environmental economics.
- The primary work is to calculate the life loss and direct economic damages due to the hypothetical breach of TVA dams.
- Economic and policy analysis within TVA’s water supply, flood risk reduction, recreation, hydropower, navigation and water quality missions will also be required. Supports these River Management missions by conceptualizing, valuing and enabling projects to maximize the benefits that TVA River Management provides to the public.
- Uses latest approaches to solve problems. Devises new approaches to solving problems encountered. Requires sufficient professional experience to ensure consistent high performance.
- May provide technical direction or coordinate the work of multidisciplinary engineers, analysts, contractors, and others who assist on specific assignments.
- Work requires a broad knowledge of techniques of economics, econometrics, risk management and statistics in specific functional areas including economic modeling, econometric modeling, dam breach consequences, risk analysis, simulation, computer skills, statistics, interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication skills.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, public policy, engineering, statistics, finance or a closely related field of study is required. A related M.S. degree. is desirable.
- Education and Experience/Certificates, Licenses, and Registration Requirements/Other Requirements
- Minimum of 18 months experience in closely related work.
Company: Tennessee Valley Authority
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Memphis, TN, US
Application Deadline: N/A