Website Tennessee Valley Authority
This position is responsible for providing a wide range of administrative and general support services. May also serve as the second chair in support of a VP or higher position.
- Makes travel arrangements and requests reimbursement for travel expenses.
- Serves in emergency operation centers as requested.
- Prioritizes the supervisor’s time through scheduling meetings, keeping the calendar, and making travel arrangements. Provides supporting
- material and information for meetings as directed.
- Ensures office administrative policies and procedures are followed and consistent with those established for the organization.
- Processes proprietary/confidential matters and maintains confidentiality.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Prepares and reviews responses in conformance to TVA’s and the office’s policies and procedures.
- May provide guidance to clerical staff.
- Reviews incoming mail, assesses urgency, and prioritizes responses.
- Must have a professional demeanor; be highly organized; and have a high level of tact, integrity, and flexibility. Ability to multi-task working in a team environment, yet work independently at times with minimal supervision. A general knowledge of TVA’s overall programs, policies, and procedures. Ability to perform non-routine assignments with minimum supervision while using initiative and good judgment. Excellent written and oral communication skills. Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook, and applicable PC packages. Internet savvy; experience with databases, scheduling, project management, and web based tools. Familiarity with TVA automated/on-line systems such as payroll, correspondence tracking, and travel. Must be willing to participate in overtime assignments as necessitated by work demands and schedules. Candidate may be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance based on position / access requirements and essential job functions.
Qualification & Experience:
- Certified Professional Secretary certification is desirable.
- Should have approximately two or more years experience as Administrative Associate or equivalent.
- High School Degree or equivalent is required; post high school education is desirable.
Company: Tennessee Valley Authority
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Nashville, TN, US
Application Deadline: N/A