Website Tennessee Valley Authority
- Understands how front-end and back-end technology need to integrate and work together efficiently
- Provides technical supervision, leadership, and guidance for a group of lower level staff within the department; leads product delivery, determines resource utilization, makes work assignments, reviews work products, and provides coaching & feedback as well as employee performance objective and appraisal recommendations.
- Configuring or troubleshooting system infrastructure
- Demonstrates expert proficiency in troubleshooting and debugging issues with either front end or back in of solution
- Developing or troubleshooting APIs or back-end code
- Proficient in performing tasks at any level of the application technical stack, including:
- Collaborates with business partners to understand business needs and identify potential technical solutions
- Plans, leads, designs, coordinates, analyzes, and directs complex IT projects(s).
- Understanding, creating, tuning, and querying databases
- Developing or troubleshooting Front- End code
- Familiarity with and ability to support modern programming languages.
- Understanding of Cisco Router, Switch Firewall, UCS, Avaya Voice, F5 Load balancing, RSA authentication.
- Understanding of middleware platforms such as, but not limited to: Web Application Servers like IIS, WebSphere, WebLogic, Tomcat, Apache; Business Intelligence like COGNOS, Tableau, OBIEE; Integration like TIBCO, SSAS, SSRS, SSIS, Informatica, Mulesoft; Mobile Computing Platforms including SOA and Security Confirmation and Management of those platforms; First and Third Party cloud hosting solutions like VMWare, Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure.
- Knowledgeable in developing, implementing, trouble shooting and supporting cloud based solutions. Working knowledge and understanding of a broad range of management, compute and networking technologies.
- Working knowledge of Windows, VMWare and Unix based operating systems.
- Understanding of server including Solaris, LINUX, Windows Server, VMWare ESX, VCloud, EMC, and JVMs in all areas (examples: configuration, tuning, capacity management, security, compliance, monitoring, automation, support, vendor relationships, and other areas) Hardware including ORACLE, HP Blade, CISCO UCS, Veritas.
- Scripting languages such as Ansible or PowerShell
Qualification & Experience:
A Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or related field of study; or equivalent education, training & experience. Extensive experience and expert knowledge in applying the concepts, practices and procedures related to application development. Must have experience with one or more of the languages and one DBMS listed in “Skills and Proficiencies”. Must be able and willing to assume on-call rotational assignments which may include 24 hour on 7-day per week availability. Occasional travel may be needed for training, work assignments, or meetings. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance based on position / access requirements and essential job functions.
Company: Tennessee Valley Authority
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Florence, AL, US
Application Deadline: N/A