Website Tennessee Valley Authority
Develop and implement fossil fuel logistic and supply plans that successfully align with overall TVA strategic goals, assess and mitigate risks, meet plant quality specifications and maintain appropriate inventory targets. Successful execution of plans will result in a reliable and efficient supply of cost-competitive and predictably priced fossil fuels (including coal, limestone, fuel oil and alternative fuels) and transportation services (truck, barge, rail and blending/trans-loading terminals) for the TVA fossil power system. Utilize broad knowledge of fuel qualities, plant operational and combustion requirements, transportation and terminal options and risk assessment to ensure proper scheduling and optimize the movement of fossil fuels from mine sources to TVA fossil plants.
- Ensure clear understanding of short and long-term fossil fuel needs, transportation and inventory requirements, risks and strategic objectives.
- Collaborate with F&H staff as well as other TVA organizations to conduct needs assessment and develop supply and logistic plans that align with approved strategies and meet overall fossil fuel and transportation needs, requirements and objectives.
- Coordinate with F&H staff, vendors, suppliers and plant staff to develop and execute supply plans appropriate to meet burn requirements and maintain inventory targets.
- Take all actions as necessary and appropriate to ensure reliable and cost-effective delivery of fuels to the TVA fossil system.
- Collaborate with plant management and combustion engineering support to ensure fuel qualities and quantities meet plant operational and combustion requirements.
- Assist and support test burns as needed and required. Negotiate price, terms and conditions for new sources of coal, transportation services, rail car leases, and terminal services as needed to ensure reliable and cost-effective supply of fossil fuels to TVA fossil system.
- Direct the blending and optimize the distribution of fuels to ensure supplies are reliable, have acceptable qualities and are cost-effective.
- Take actions as appropriate to ensure vendor compliance with contract terms and conditions. Work with vendors to resolve contract disputes, claims and defaults.
- Collaborate as required with OGC for necessary legal advice and support.
- Monitor fuel quality performance and adjust contract payments to match.
- Establish and maintain all official contracts, records and documentation in accordance with TVA standards and processes. Ensure all payment data and contract records meet Sarbanes-Oxley and all other compliance requirements.
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities — In-depth experience, knowledge and understanding of fossil fuel supply and transportation industry; coal mining, rail, barge and other transportation industry practices and techniques; power plant operations as they relate to fossil fuels. Ability to solve complex problems.
- Works independently with guidance on only the most complex tasks. May lead or direct the work of other staff members.
- Solid computer skills. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent leadership and team building skills. Candidate may be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance based on position / access requirements and essential job functions.
Qualification & Experience:
- Education – B.S. degree in business, finance, engineering or the equivalent –MBA or similar advance degree is highly desired.
- Experience – Eight or more years of experience with a minimum 5 years experience in fossil fuels, or related areas of expertise.
Company: Tennessee Valley Authority
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Chief Financial Office
Job Location: Huntsville, AL, US
Application Deadline: N/A