Website Tennessee Valley Authority
Oversees technology product delivery initiatives, systems, solutions, projects, programs, or vendors which may cross organizational boundaries to assure that deliverables are managed, initiated and completed on schedule, within budget, and that the solutions integrate into TVA Enterprise infrastructure, architecture, and process standards. This position oversees the specification, design, implementation, on-going maintenance, support and coordination of enterprise-wide, as well as, capability-specific efforts, ensuring new solutions are integrated with other systems/processes in order to support critical business functions within the agency or for external clients. Responsible for managing the implementation of projects or program deliverables to both internal and external clients and for the stability and success of strategic enterprise T&I programs and projects. This position also acts as a liaison to provide effective communication across TVA organizations and work groups. This position partners with project management on the oversight, planning, and resource allocation in support of major T&I projects with budgets up to $40M.
- Conduct meetings with internal/external customers to differentiate between functional and technical requirements in order to support strategy and engagement in enlisting business unit functional expertise to successfully define and solidify functional solution requirements; oversee development of technical requirements based on functional requirements.
- In conjunction with T&I Vendor Management, manage ongoing vendor and contractual performance to accomplish system, solution, program, project, and/or maintenance initiatives and activities based on a managed task discipline.
- Coordinate and oversee ongoing maintenance of implemented software products/capabilities with a full-stack perspective being accountable to ensure that the team has a well-defined backlog of valuable work and removing obstacles and roadblocks that impact performance of the team.
- Manage the overall progress of initiatives including active tracking to ensure completion of action items and develop mitigation steps to address risks before they become issues; drive timely resolution of issues and appropriate escalations to avoid negative effects to program schedule and solution commitments.
- Create and maintain strong partnerships and effective communication across all T&I business units including strategy/engagement, vendor and portfolio management, and cybersecurity to offer technical input to capability technology roadmaps and to ensure synergy and consistency across solutions.
- Develop detailed program plans necessary to ensure program success, accountability and minimizing risk to the agency, distributors, TVA customers and the public.
- Understands and articulates the mission, vision, goals, strategic and tactical initiatives of T&I. Works with our strategy/engagement team to translate the business capability needs and requirements into comprehensive integrated technology strategy and roadmap.
- Manage daily implementation of assigned programs by establishing schedules, tracking progress, and taking corrective actions as necessary.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, external vendors, and contractors in building and optimizing systems, tools, and standards to improve workflow and efficiency within the organization.
- Ensure project deliverables are successfully transitioned to operational support including necessary help desk documentation, asset lifecycle documentation, and code storage in appropriate repository
- Certification/License, etc. — Certified Associate in Project Management Certification Desired, LeSS Certification Desired
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities —Excellent interpersonal skills in areas such as teamwork, facilitation and negotiation. Strong collaborative and assertive leadership skills. Excellent analytical and technical skills. Effectively manage scope for projects. Ability to think strategically while managing tactical details. Innovative thinker. Ability to effectively estimate what it takes to get work done (i.e., resourcing the work). Understands or can quickly understand business processes (outside of T&I). Strong communication skills, written and verbal. Understands the importance of quality assurance within T&I. Must have a solid understanding of both TVA’s and TVA T&I’s strategy. Must be able and willing to travel to plant, corporate and satellite locations as needed. Candidate may be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance based on position / access requirements and essential job functions.
Qualification & Experience:
- Education . – A Bachelor’s Degree in business, engineering, computer science or comparable field of study; or equivalent education, training & experience.
- Experience . – 10+ years of experience in information technology, business, or related field in managing initiatives for projects, programs or technology environments desired. Demonstrated knowledge of transformation impact, change management, and business metrics.
Company: Tennessee Valley Authority
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Chattanooga, TN, US
Application Deadline: N/A