Website University of California San Diego
Temporary Employment Services (TES) places employees in departments that have temporary staffing needs. We currently have openings for Sr. Building Maintenance Workers in various areas around campus.
Duties include but are not limited to: Installing and inspecting fire extinguishers and blackboards, cleaning roofs and patio drains, piping, clearing stoppages in sinks and toilets. Make adjustments to door closers, locks, latches, hinges and other building hardware, perform minor repairs to office furniture and equipment. Make minor repairs to fences and gates, operate and maintain a variety of power and hand tools of the various trades.
Other tasks include, but are not limited to, performing preventive maintenance on appliances, disposals, interior/exterior lighting, HVAC filter replacement, troubleshooting, maintenance, and repair. Responsible for troubleshooting semi-skilled maintenance problems and managing/completing preventative computerized maintenance work orders via TMA and handheld technologies. Provide customer service to all customers through the year. Will be assigned to cover medical center and health systems research campus buildings and rounds, and performing maintenance work.
- Demonstrated ability to install and repair of vertical blinds and mini-blinds, and fire extinguishers and cabinet break glass.
- Ability to perform maintenance inspection on eyewash/shower stations Assist carpenters and painters to prepare for projects including, but not limited to, demo, washing walls, masking areas, caulking and setting up scaffolding.
- Work with other skilled trades in completing plumbing and electrical work orders and all associated duties. Clean and re-lamp lighting fixtures, maintain equipment spaces and workshops.
- Ability to repair industrial clogged sinks, disposals, water closets, tanks. Clear drain lines, trap and waste lines for sinks, tubs, toilets, storm and roof drains using proper sized electric or hand drive drain cleaning tools.
- Proven ability to install room and building signs, bulletin boards, office shelves and other related equipment. Maintain and repair interior and exterior lighting systems.
- Proven ability to repair of transformers and ballast used in fluorescent lighting, walkways and driveway lighting standards.
- Demonstrated ability to repair and service of vacuum cleaners and wet/dry extractors.
Qualification & Experience:
- Must have a valid CA driver’s license.
- Ability to safely lift, carry, move, push and pull 50 lbs.
- DOJ and FBI background checks and clearances required prior to hire.
Company: University of California San Diego
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Diego, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A